Art in Island Interactive Art Museum in Cubao, Quezon City, is a 3D art museum where young and young at heart can let their imagination soar while posing against monumental backdrops to look like they are swimming with the fish, surfing, skiing or flying, among others.
I posted photos of the five zones in ground floor of Art in Island here. This entry is devoted to the remaining six zones in the second floor.
Winter and Christmas Zone:
Object Art Zone:
For more photos and information, please read Art in Island Interactive Art Museum, Part I.
Art in Island Museum Reminders:
1. Before entering the museum, visitors will be asked to take off their shoes and deposit them in the shoe counter. Visitors can be in socks or barefoot while touring the museum. Socks are sold at the counter for P150.00 (US $3.00). I bought the red one because the blue pair was a size smaller.
2. Make sure to look for the “Photo Point” stickers on the floor when taking pictures. They give the best location to get the paintings’ 3D effect. Yulia and I did not follow this. We did not read the reminders before touring the place. 🙂
3. Flash is a big NO-NO! Using the cameras’ flash when taking photos affects the lighting and may change the paintings’ appearance.
4. Forget all those poses you always do when taking pictures! Use your creativity and imagination to make the photos more amusing and memorable.
5. No food and drinks allowed inside the museum.
6. Bringing of pets is not allowed inside the museum.
7. Allot two to three hours of your time to tour the museum. You will not know what happened to those hours once you are inside. The paintings will mesmerize you through its sheer size, and there might be queues in the more popular paintings.
Art in Island Interactive Art Museum Address: 175 15th Avenue, Brgy. Socorro, Cubao 1109, Quezon City, Philippines
Art in Island Interactive Art Museum Contact Number: (02) 421-1356
Art in Island Interactive Art Museum Operating Hours: 930am to 930pm from Tuesdays to Sundays. It is closed on Mondays EXCEPT on holidays. The ticket booth closes at 800pm.
Art in Island Interactive Art Museum Entrance Fee: P500.00 (US $10.00) for adults.